72 Degrees of Hickory Blog

72 Degrees of Hickory Blog

72 Degrees of Hickory Blog

Prevent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning: Have Your Gas Furnace Inspected

Paul Gassett - Wednesday, January 15, 2014

There have been tragic stories in the news recently about the consequences of faulty gas furnaces. Last spring in a Boone hotel room, several people died after the hotel's pool room heater was replaced. The new heater did not match the existing exhaust system, causing carbon monoxide to leak into the hotel room up above the pool where the patrons were sleeping.

In another instance, a family of 7 fell terribly ill when their furnace was leaking carbon monoxide for weeks, but they had no detector in the house.

It's important to take all the precautions you can to keep similar tragedies from happening in your home:

  • Have a carbon monoxide detector. Replace the batteries often, and test the detector to be sure it's working.

 

  • Know the symptoms. If all of your family members are experiencing headaches, nausea,  dizziness and breathlessness, leave the house and call 911.

 

  • Have your gas furnace inspected regularly. During an inspection, our trained technicians will test your exhaust system for proper/safe venting and check for leaks in your gas lines. 

 

  • Always have a professional technician install a new furnace. Removing and replacing a new furnace requires knowledge and skill. Having it done the wrong way could cause dangerous problems.

 

If you have any questions about protecting your home from carbon monoxide poisoning, let us know. We'll be happy to schedule an appointment to help keep your family safe.

 

 

 

 

Comments
Post has no comments.
Post a Comment




Captcha Image

Trackback Link
http://www.72degreesofhickory.com/BlogRetrieve.aspx?BlogID=9392&PostID=332984&A=Trackback
Trackbacks
Post has no trackbacks.

Recent Posts


Tags


Archive

    Our Office Hours:

    • Monday - 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM
    • Tuesday - 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM
    • Wednesday - 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM
    • Thursday - 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM
    • Fridays - 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM
    • Saturday - 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM
    • Sunday - 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM
    1000 Cape Hickory Rd.,
    Hickory, NC 28602
    828.325.0072

    Google Map of 1000 Cape Hickory Rd, Hickory, NC 28601